Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
1. Melt butter in large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and season with salt and pepper; cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add apple, pear and ginger and cook until the fruit starts to turn golden. Stir in sage, then deglaze pan with 1/4 cup of wine. Add cider. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced by about half. Remove from heat and keep warm.
2. Heat oil in cast-iron skillet. While oil heats, pat steaks dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. When oil is almost smoking, add steaks and cook to desired degree of doneness, turning once.
3. While steak cooks, chop blue cheese together with pecans to get a crumb-like mixture. Set aside.
4. When steaks are done, remove to platter to keep warm. Deglaze skillet with remaining 1/4 cup white wine, scraping up any brown bits from the skillet. Pour this into the onion, apple, pear skillet. Mix well.
5. To serve, spoon some of the onion/fruit mixture onto a platter. Place steaks on this, then top steaks with remaining onion/fruit mixture, spooning any sauce over all. Top all with blue cheese/pecan mixture, and garnish platter with whole sage leaves. Serve immediately.