Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
1. Preheat broiler to 500ºF. Place a very large, heavy, oven-safe skillet in the oven and preheat for 30 minutes.
2. Rub the steaks with the vegetable oil and season with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Carefully place the steaks in the preheated skillet and allow to sear for 5 minutes. Flip the steaks and add the mushrooms, onion, 2 cloves sliced garlic, bell peppers, and thyme. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
3. Cook the steaks and vegetables until you achieve your desired doneness, about 5 minutes more for medium-rare. Transfer the vegetables to a platter and the steak to a cutting board. Allow the steaks to rest while you prepare the wine sauce.
4. Place the skillet you used to make the steaks on the range and add the 2 cloves minced garlic. Cook using the residual heat from the skillet, stirring constantly, until the garlic begins to brown slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and beef broth and place over a high heat. Boil the wine and broth until it reduces by half. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then swirl in the butter. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
5. Thinly slice the steak, opposite of the grain, and place on the platter with the vegetables. Drizzle the steak with the wine sauce and serve.