Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Blanch the sausages in simmering water until just firm to the touch; drain well.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil from the capsicums in a large pan and gently sauté the garlic and onion until they have softened but not browned.
3. Add the olives, the capsicums, the tomato cooking sauce and the seasonings. Mix well and cook until thickish. Then stir in 8 torn basil leaves.
4. While the sauce is cooking, pan fry the sausages in a thin layer of oil in another pan until they are golden brown.
5. Then cut the two baguettes into three pieces about the length of the sausages; make cuts in the center (but NOT right through) and insert a sausage topped with the sauce inside each piece of the baguette.
6. Place on the sausage-filled baguettes on a baking tray, top with cheeses and grill until golden and bubbling.
7. Serve with a garnish of basil.