Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
FOR BALSAMIC REDUCTION:
2. In a small saucepan, combine wine, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Heat over medium high heat until boiling, then reduce to a simmer. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced by about half. It will become thicker and more like a syrup.
TO PREPARE STEAKS:
3. Drizzle olive oil (2 tablespoons between all four steaks) on and massage into each steak. Top with garlic, sea salt, and rosemary. Place steaks in a Ziplock bag and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. When you’re ready to cook the steaks, heat a large skillet over high heat for about 4 -5 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan and add the steaks immediately.
5. Sear each side for 1 1/2 minutes. When each side has been seared, place pan in the oven for approximately 4-5 minutes. If you prefer your steak rarer, about 4 minutes is perfect. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice steak and top with Red Wine Balsamic Reduction.