Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
MAKE THE BRINE
1. Combine all brine ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag (I used a gallon size), or large airtight container. Whisk until combined well. Add pork chops to brine, seal bag or container and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
2. When using a bag, I like to place the bag inside a baking dish, so in case the bag leaks, you won't have a giant mess in your refrigerator, it'll be contained in the dish.
MAKE THE BOURBON GLAZE
3. Add all bourbon glaze ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over MED heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to LOW and simmer for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Mix slurry ingredients (cornstarch and water) in a small bowl, then add to bourbon glaze and cook another 1-2 minutes, until thickened.
BAKE THE PORK CHOPS
5. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Remove pork from brine, rinse with cold water, and pat very dry. Discard brine.
6. Season with 1/2 tsp EACH salt, pepper, smoked paprika and dried thyme.
7. Add vegetable oil to large oven-safe skillet and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Once pan is hot, add seasoned pork chops and cook, without flipping or moving, for 2-3 minutes.
8. Using tongs, flip pork chops over, and transfer skillet to the preheated oven.
9. Bake 5 minutes, then flip pork chops back over, return to the oven and bake another 4 minutes, until pork is cooked to 145 F degrees (internal temperature).
10. Remove pork chops to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.