Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Potstickers are a tasty Asian treat that are hard to keep your hands off of. Each little potsticker has a dumpling wrapper that is filled with pork, cabbage, and carrot. It is then fried and served with a spicy honey and soy dipping sauce. They are definitely irresistible.
That's exactly why they are great to share with loved ones, even for a party. They are the perfect size for an appetizer or can be served as a meal. Be prepared for some work, but you will be handsomely rewarded with little purses of pure deliciousness.
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, cabbage, ginger, carrot, garlic, 1 green onion, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, ½ teaspoon sesame oil and knead with your hands.
2. Spread the dumpling wrappers out on a clean surface and cover with plastic wrap to prevent from drying. Place 1 slightly heaping teaspoon of filling in the middle of each dumpling wrapper. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Brush the edges of a dumpling wrapper with egg wash, then seal. Repeat with the remaining potstickers.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
4. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil and 12 of the potstickers to the pan. Cook on both sides until browned, turning with tongs. Add ¼ cup water to the pan, cover and allow to steam for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining potstickers.
5. Serve the potstickers with the dipping sauce and enjoy.