Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
1. Place cast iron pan over medium-high heat and let it get hot, about 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Place bacon in pan and sauté until just crispy, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Transfer bacon bits with a slotted spoon to drain on a paper towel or plate.
4. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of grease from pan and turn to low heat.
5. Meanwhile, in a food processor, add bacon, garlic, blue cheese and butter.
6. Pulse until everything is well incorporated. Place butter into a dish and refrigerate while cooking steaks.
7. Return pan back to medium-high heat, season steaks liberally with salt and pepper as desired. Add steaks and sear for at least 3 to 5 minutes until a crust is developed.
8. Flip steaks and continue to cook until desired doneness. Medium rare is desirable for this application.
9. Once steaks are done, place a few dollops of butter over each and rest for at least 10 minutes. Season to taste.