Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
1. Pre-heat grill to medium heat. If using charcoal, make sure your coals begin to form a light ash and provide even heat across entire cooking grid.
2. Hand form or press half-pound patties of ground beef. Season patties with ground coffee on both sides until lightly coated, then finish seasoning with salt/pepper to taste. You can form 4 thick half-pounders or form 8 quarter-pounders to double stack for your final burger.
3. Grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Top with sliced smoked black pepper cheese when the burger reaches an internal temp of 150F. Grill patties over medium, ash-covered coals until they reach 160F internal temperature and cheese is melted. The burger patties can rest off the grill for 5-10 minutes before serving.
TEQUILA CILANTRO LIME CREMA:
4. Combine 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 16 ounces sour cream, juice of 2 limes, tequila, granulated garlic, and cumin in a bowl. Whisk well until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Store in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
6. Remove skin and pit from avocado, add to bowl. Add chopped red onion, juice of 1/2 a lime, salt, pepper, and mash with a fork until chunky with a potato masher or by hand.
7. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
FRESH PICO DE GALLO:
8. In a food processor, add chopped tomato, 1/4 cup cilantro, juice of 2 limes, and chopped yellow onion. Pulse until combined but still chunky.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and store in refrigerator.
BUILD YOUR BURGER:
10. Toast potato hamburger buns on grill.
11. Begin with bottom bun, smear on Hand-Mashed Guacamole, sprinkle with lettuce shreds, place your hot patty with melted cheese and top with Fresh Pico de Gallo and thinly sliced jalapenos. Drizzle generously with Tequila Cilantro Lime Crema and garnish with crushed Doritos. Cheers to burgers that show your BBQ who's boss!
Recipe credit: Ryan Ralston