Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
1. In a food processor or blender, combine 4 chopped plum tomatoes, red bell peppers, chopped red onion, habanero peppers, garlic cloves, tomato paste, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and water. Puree until smooth.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
3. Add the remaining tomato, sliced onion, remaining salt, and remaining pepper. Sauté until fragrant.
4. Add steak, rosemary, paprika, curry powder, and bouillon cubes. Cook until the steak is golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the blended tomato and pepper mixture and the bay leaf.
6. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer at low heat for 20 minutes, until the stew has thickened. Remove the bay leaf.
7. Remove stew from heat and let sit 10 minutes.
8. Serve with white rice and fried plantains. Garnish with scallions and parsley, if desired. Enjoy!