Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
1. Pre heat oven to 350F
2. Start by making an assembly line for dredging the pork. Using 3 shallow bowls or plates place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs one in each plate. Season flour with salt and pepper and add the Italian seasonings to the breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
3. Season the pork with salt and pepper, on both sides. Cover both sides in flour and shake off excess, then place in the egg wash and finally cover in breadcrumbs. Repeat.
4. Heat the canola oil in a deep skillet. Note: the canola oil only needs to be a ¼ in deep, you do not want it deep enough to cover the pork chops. When the oil is hot add in the pork chops and fry, flipping once. When both sides are golden brown place on a baking sheet, then into the preheated oven. Cook until pork reach 145F about 10 min.
5. While the pork is in the oven make the lemon caper sauce. Over medium heat, in a deep skillet heat a pat of butter, once melted add in the garlic and sun dried tomatoes, sauté about 2 minutes. Then add in the wine and stock, stir and cook about 5 minutes.
6. Make the roux. Whisk the flour into the melted butter. It should be thick but a pourable consistency. Whisk in the roux to the wine sauce and reduce heat to low and keep whisking the sauce should thicken up nicely. Stir in the lemon juice and zest. Note: If it gets too thick, whisk in a small amount of chicken stock.
7. Plate the pork chops and drizzle the wine caper sauce over the pork. Serve these with a bright green vegetable.