Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
1. Sprinkle beef evenly with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon margarine in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in wine, beef broth and thyme; cook, stirring often 10 minutes or until reduced to about 3/4 cup.
4. Melt remaining tablespoon margarine in a large ovenproof skillet and add steaks.
5. Cook 5 minutes on each side. Bake at 350° for 8 to 15 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with shiitake sauce and garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Arrange steaks over grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 10 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.