Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Hours
Total Time: 315 Minutes
These potato skins will get the party started. They feature crispy skins filled with saucy bbq pork topped with cheddar, sour cream, and chives. This is a to die for combination. And while these potato skins do require some work, they are totally worth it! Be warned, friends will ask you to make these again.
And speaking of friends, these really are meant to be shared. In fact, they're perfect for parties. All the messy bbq sauce is contained in a tasty potato skin, so these can be eaten with you hands. Whip these up and you will not be disappointed.
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Place the pork, bbq sauce, and water in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 5 hours.
3. While the pork is cooking, place the pierced potatoes in the oven and bake until tender in the middle, about 50 minutes. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes, then cut in half. Scoop out the middle with a spoon.
4. Brush the potato skins with butter and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake until crispy, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
5. When the pork is done cooking, transfer the pork pieces to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. The cooking liquid should be the consistency of bbq sauce. If it is too thin, transfer to a saucepan and place over high heat. Reduce until you achieve your desired thickness. Transfer the pork back in with the sauce and stir to combine.
6. Place the potato skins on a cookie sheet and fill with the pulled pork. Top with shredded cheddar and bake until the cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Top each with a little bit of sour cream and chives, then serve.