Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 65 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta according to directions and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
3. Preheat olive oil in a 6 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven for 4-5 minutes.
4. Pat steak dry with paper towels. Cut steak into 1/2-inch cubes. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper (optional).
5. Add cubed steak in batches to the preheated Dutch oven, careful not to overcrowd, and sear on all sides 3-5 minutes. Remove steak and place on a plate to cool.
6. Reduce heat to medium and add chopped onion. Cook 5-7 minutes until soft and slightly browned.
7. Add butter and minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add flour, paprika, ground mustard, and bay leaf. Stir until mixture thickens.
8. Slowly whisk in whole milk, and allow mixture to thicken stirring often, about 5-10 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf. Stir in sharp cheddar, Gouda, and half the mozzarella. Add the pasta and the sliced steak and stir. If the mixture is too thick, add reserved pasta water until desired consistency is achieved.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top of the dish.
11. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is has melted and turns golden brown.
12. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.