Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
1. Cook the bacon in a medium sized frying or sauté pan. Drain on paper towels.
2. Meanwhile, place the blackberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small pot and cook over medium heat until the berries give off their juice when mashed with a fork and sugar is dissolved. Stir and cook to desired thickness. Or use a tart blackberry jam.
3. Slice the bananas crosswise into 2-to-3-inch segments and then lengthwise into slices a little thicker than 1/4 inch. Dust the bananas with flour and fry in the bacon fat remaining in the sauté pan until golden brown.
4. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on the other side of 4 of the slices. Layer bacon, bananas and 1 tablespoon of blackberry jam on top of the peanut butter. Top with the other slice of buttered bread with the butter facing out.
5. Wipe out the sauté pan and grill the sandwiches until golden brown.
6. Serve the sandwiches warm from the pan.