Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
1. Put ground pork in a bowl. Add wet ingredients: Hoisin, oyster, soy sauce and sesame oil, also salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands. Meat will be wet. Add finely diced mushrooms, onion, ginger and garlic. Mix well. Texture should be wet and kind of slimy. Add Panko breadcrumbs 1/4C at a time. Mix well after each edition. You will need between a half a cup and a cup. Add until meat can be formed into balls. If you add too much at any point you can add more sauce. Form all of the meat into balls by rolling between your palms. I like smaller meatballs because they cook faster, my meatballs were all about 1.25 inches in diameter.
2. Cook meatballs on Big Green Egg minimax on indirect heat at 350 until internal temperature 145?.
Sauce and Noodles:
3. Put a pot of water on to boil for noodles
4. Mix all sauces in a bowl - hoisin, oyster, soy sauce, and sesame oil, set aside. Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add julienned peppers. Cook peppers and onion over medium-low heat until softened. Remove peppers to bowl. Add garlic and ginger to pan. Salt and pepper. Once fragrant deglaze with a healthy pour of rice wine. Add sauces. Stir well. Add cornstarch slurry and allow to thicken.
5. While sauce is thickening cook noodles however specified on bag.
6. Add half can of coconut milk and 1/2C peanut butter to thickened sauce. Sauce will continue to thicken, add additional coconut milk as needed to keep a good pasta sauce consistency. Add Thai Red Curry paste - it is spicy. Taste sauce, if you prefer mild sauce you can skip the curry paste, but I think it gives it a nice kick. 2TBS for more mild, 3 TBS for a little more spice. Finish with the juice of 1 lime. If sauce becomes too thin at any point you can add more cornstarch to thicken or more coconut milk to thin.
7. Put cooked noodles in sauce. Plate noodles in sauce, top with additional sauce and peppers and meatballs. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Add more sauce as needed.
Recipe credit: Matthew Galasso