Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 80 Minutes
To make the meat sauce:
1. Preheat a Lodge 6 Quart Enamel Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, then the ground pork. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion, carrot and Italian seasoning. Cook until the onions begin to turn translucent.
3. Add the tomato paste and garlic. Cook for about one minute stirring frequently.
4. Add the white wine and cook until nearly entirely reduced, scraping the bottom of the Dutch oven with a wooden spoon to loosen the fond.
5. Add the juice from the can of whole peeled tomatoes. Crush the whole tomatoes by hand, then add them to the Dutch oven as well. Pour in the beef stock and half-and-half.
6. Bring the sauce to a simmer and allow to reduce and thicken for about 15 minutes. You should have about 8 cups of sauce when it is finished.
To make the ricotta spread:
7. Combine the mozzarella and parmesan and toss to mix. Remove one cup of the cheese and set aside for later.
8. Combine the remaining mozzarella and parmesan with the ricotta, eggs, Italian seasoning, basic and olive oil. Mix well with a spatula.
9. Build the lasagna in a half sized disposable foil pan. Start by spreading 1/4 of the meat sauce in the bottom of the pan. Cover the sauce with sheets of oven ready lasagna, overlapping them slightly and covering the entire surface. Top the lasagna with another 1/4 of the meat sauce, followed by half of the ricotta spread. Spread the mixture out evenly. Repeat the process with another layer of pasta, 1/4 meat sauce, 1/2 (remaining) ricotta mixture. Again, spread the mixture evenly. Top with one last layer of pasta, then the remaining meat sauce.
10. Sprinkle the reserved mozzarella/parmesan mixture over the sauce.