Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the sausage links, and cook for about 2 minutes each side, just until they turn brown. The sausage will not be cooked through.
2. Place them on a cutting board, slice them, and set aside.
3. Add the onions and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir constantly. Then, add the bell peppers, garlic, salt and black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the chicken broth to the skillet with the peppers and onions and scrape the bottom of the skillet to release all the brown bits.
5. Return the sausage back to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Then, uncover the skillet, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook for 3 more minutes, just until the liquid is evaporated, and the sausage is cooked through. Top with parsley and basil. Enjoy!